This download is perfect for the kiddos in your home who want to create their very own set of ornaments. It’s also great for the mama who might like to get together with girlfriends to create a “beautiful” ornament set yet still create the memory and experience with the family using the coloring book ornaments. This download is great for the church using Seeking Christmas as a Sunday School advent curriculum.
7 flat, round ornaments such as paper mache, porcelain, wood, cork, etc.
Foam Craft brush
White cardstock (or upload to office supply store for printing)
Spray paint or acrylic paint
Where you can find your supplies
Craft stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michaels sell everything you need.
Instructions for creating ornaments
1. Download ornament template by signing up for newsletter here
2. Print on white cardstock or upload to office supply store for printing
3. Cut out ornaments
4. Optional step: Paint ornament using spray paint or acrylic paint
5. Take 1 flat round ornament and coat it with mod podge on one side.
6. Adhere the Day One front cardstock cutout onto the ornament which you applied Mod Podge to
7. Turn the ornament over and coat the back with a coat of mod podge
8. Adhere the Day One back cutout onto the ornament
9. Let sit about 10 minutes
10. Follow Steps 1-8 for the next six ornaments.
11. After the front and backs have been applied to all ornaments and have been given 10 minutes to dry you can seal them with a coat of Mod Podge.
12. Lay out all ornaments image side up. Using your foam brush, paint on a light coat of Mod Podge. This will seal the ornament with a nice finished look.
13. After it has dried, turn the ornaments on the back and seal the back with a coat of Mod Podge.
14. Drying time is about 20 minutes.
1. Download ornament template by signing up for the newsletter
2. Print on white cardstock
3. Cut out circle ornaments
4. Match up the front with the back of each ornament and glue together
5. Punch a small hole at the top of the ornament
6. Tie twine or ribbon to ornament