If you are already a blog subscriber, you have read what I’m sharing today. Share this with your friends you think would love it too!
For those of you who don’t receive my emails, I have a free gift for you today I think you will love!
Read ‘em & Reap – the rewards that is
A free gift for you to encourage summer reading in your kids
Take this little quiz
- Would you love to walk into the room and find your kids reading? Without being asked??
- Do you want to limit screens without constantly telling them to put the screens down?
- Do you dread hearing “Mom, I’m bored!”
- Are you wondering how you will fill all the live-long summer hours?
- Would you love your child to become more compassionate, empathetic, and kind?
- Do you want to sneak in some learning that will actually be fun?
- Do you want to watch your kids have fun doing something that is incredibly good and enriching for them?
- Do you want some peace and quiet in your home?
Ok, if you answered yes to most of these questions, I have something we are doing in our home that is a ton of fun.
Our library summer reading program began a bit early for us and the prizes were so good my kids began reading for hours at a time. I’m not kidding.
This happens for us every single summer. School’s out, they read, they earn the prize at the library, then the reading tapers off.
My middle son, Zachary, gave me a great idea. “Mom, what if you make us prize packs for every 10 hours we read beyond the library time. I’m loving this and it will keep me reading all summer long.”
I thought it was a fabulous idea. So I did just that. I created what I called a ‘Big 10 Prize Pack.’
Within 2 weeks, Zachary logged in 20 hours of reading. (BTW audiobooks count too!) So I had to get to work fast. What I came up with had him so excited I realized I had to share it with you.
I’ve created a pdf download for you to create your own Big 10 Prize Pack. Keep it simple. Use them all in one pack or just a couple at a time.
Here’s a little video.
Happy summer reading! Here’s to many quiet hours in your home this summer!!
And if you are in need of a little bag for your books, check out the shop!